Are you craving for pork belly, but you just got home and you are hangry? Then this honey garlic pork belly dish is designed just for you!! This recipe is so quick and easy to make, you will have diner ready in no time.
Pork belly is beloved in plenty of countries, including Asia, and is being prepared in multiple delicious dishes. My favorite pork belly dish would be the Korean pork belly dish. What’s your favorite pork belly dish?
Today, I would like to introduce you to Julia Album’s awesome Pork Belly with Honey Garlic Sauce recipe. This recipe is also soooo GOOD with rice!
Instead of cutting the pork belly beforehand, I pan fry the pork belly pieces and cut them with a scissor when they are cooked. This saves energy, because you don’t have to flip every single piece of cut pork belly.
|Prep Time||12 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 325 grams Pork Belly I used "speklappen a la minute" from Picnic. This can also be bought from any other supermarket in the Netherlands.
- 1/6 cup Honey
- 1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce You can substitute with Tamari
- 0.8 tbsp light soy sauce You can substitute with Tamari
- 3 cloves Minced garlic
- Scallions for garnish Optional
- Sesame seeds for garnish Optional
- Collect all ingredients.
- Add pork belly to a large pan and start frying on high heat. Cooking oil is not required as the pork belly itself has a lot of fat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side on medium to high heat and turn to the other side for 5 minutes on medium heat. (Please note that both sides should be crispy and should not get burned.)
- Start cutting the pork belly with a clean scissor, so I used a scissor that I only use for food.
- Take out the pork belly and set aside.
- I wipe my cooking pan with paper towel before I use it to cook the sauce.
- Add honey, minced garlic, dark and light soy sauce to the pan on medium heat.
- When the sauce boils, reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 minute while mixing the sauce. Remove from heat.
- When you want to add sesame seeds, add half of the sesame seed you want to use in the pan and stir it in. Add the pork belly back to the pan and stir.
- Sprinkle the other half of the sesame seeds and scallion on top of the pork belly.
I hope that you will give my honey garlic pork belly recipe a try! If you do, take a picture and tag me on @angiesrecipereview in your feed or stories and I will share your creations on my story.
For other diner ideas, click here!
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you want to stay connected, follow @angiesrecipereview on Instagram, my Pinterest account or subscribe through this Subscribe page.