Steamed pork with black bean sauce is one of my favorite diner dishes. As it is easy to make and you can marinate it upfront so that even your husband/boyfriend who usually can’t cook can prepare this while you are still stuck at work ;). This dish is delicious when served with rice. In addition to that, it will also remind you of the dim sum steamed spare ribs with black beans, so this recipe also goes great with dim sum dishes.
I learned this dish from my mom, so I hope that you will love it as much as I do ^^!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 325 grams Pork belly without skin or spare ribs
- 300 grams pumpkin cut in small cubes
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 15-20 pieces fermented black beans You can find this at Asian grocery stores.
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Marinate the meat with minced garlic, fermented black beans, Chinese rice wine, light soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix it. After mixing it add cornstarch and mix it again. Set aside. (When I don't have a lot of time, I will steam it right away. When I have time, I will leave it to marinate for about 30 minutes.)
- Cut the pumpkin and place the pumpkin on the plate that you will use for steaming. Place the meat on top of the pumpkins. Steam it for 20 minutes on medium fire (start the timer after the water boils).
https://angiesrecipereview.com/blog/recipe/steamed-pork-belly/(opens in a new tab)
For my other meat dishes, click here!
I hope that you will give my steamed pork with black bean sauce recipe a try! If you do, take a picture and tag me on @angiesrecipereview in your feed or stories and I will share your creations on my story.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you want to stay connected, follow @angiesrecipereview on Instagram or my Pinterest account.
Submit your review