This chicken schnitzel with brussels sprout and sweet potatoes recipe was inspired by the fact how hungry (a.k.a. HANGRY) I was after finishing work. So I just added some herbs to the brussels sprout and (sweet) potatoes and put them them in the air fryer along with the chicken schnitzel. This only took 15 minutes in the air fryer!! So in total, you only need 30 minutes to prepare a full meal. How amazing is that?
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 piece chicken schnitzels These are just store bought ones.
- 200 grams Brussels sprout
- 1 large Potatoes You can also only use sweet potatoes.
- 1 large Sweet potatoes You can also only use potatoes.
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp High quality vegetable oil 50% for potatoes and 50% for brussels sprouts. You also need a little bit more for the layer of oils that will be explained later in the DIRECTIONS.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste*
- paprika powder to taste
- ground cumin to taste I just buy cumin powder from the store.
- coriander powder to taste Add less than paprika powder and cumin powder.
- Wash, peel the (sweet) potatoes and cut it in small pieces (like in my picture). Wash and cut the brussels sprouts in half. Put both in separate bowls.
- Preheat airfryer at 200 Celsius degrees.
- Season the (sweet) potatoes and brussels sprout in separate bowls with oil, salt, pepper, paprika powder, ground cumin and coriander powder.
- Add the (sweet) potatoes in the air fryer basket and set timer of 15 minutes. Shake after 4 minutes and add a layer of oil with a cooking brush or cooking spray otherwise the potatoes will be too dry.
- After another 4 minutes shake again --> add another layer of oil with a cooking brush or spray ==> add the brussels sprout and chicken schnitzel.
- Shake after 3.5 minutes and add a layer of oil to the brussels sprout and (if needed) potatoes with a cooking brush or cooking spray and flip the schnitzel. By "if needed", I mean if you see that the potatoes will be too dry if you don't add another layer of oil.
- After another 3.5 minutes, the timer should go off and you can enjoy your quick, easy and healthyish diner!
I hope that you will give my chicken schnitzel with brussels sprouts and (sweet) potatoes recipe a try! If you do, take a picture and tag me on @angiesrecipereview in your feed or stories and I will share your creations on my story.
For other diner ideas, click here and for other air fryer recipes, click here.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you want to stay connected, follow @angiesrecipereview on Instagram, my Pinterest account or subscribe through this Subscribe page.