Today, I am introducing you to a healthy tomato potato carrot soup, which is a classic Chinese soup that’s healthy and easy to make. I have learned this soup from my mother before I moved out. She was afraid that I wouldn’t have enough soup once I live on my own. What I love about this soup is that it’s very healthy and easy to make, I especially love it when I work from home. I can just throw everything in a pan and it will be ready in 45 minutes. In addition to that, this soup is super healthy, it contains meat and lots of vegetables, including onion. ginger and garlic for detoxing.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 3-4 medium sized Tomatoes
- 5-6 medium size Potatoes
- 290 gram pork bones I tend to use rip chop and shoulder chops.
- 2 Corn cobs
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1 slice of ginger optional
- Spring onion for garnish optional
- 1.5 litre water This is an approx., the water should cover all ingredients
- Salt to taste
- Collect all ingredients
- Cut all ingredients, but don't cut the potatoes, carrot and tomatoes too small, as you will cook them for 45 minutes. Cut the corn cobs in half.
- Blanch the pork bones to remove the dirt and smell by putting it in cold water to soak 3-5 minutes. Bring the water to boil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Take the bones out and rinse it well under cold water. Put it aside.
- Add all cut ingredients in a large pan and add water until it covers all ingredients, approx. 1.5L water is needed.
- Bring the pan to boil over high heat and then turn the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. In the meantime, you can cook e.g. rice of spaghetti. I personally love to eat this with rice.
I hope that you will give this tomato potato carrot soup recipe a try! If you do, take a picture and tag me on @angiesrecipereview in your feed or stories and I will share your creations on my story.
For other soup dishes, click here!
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you want to stay connected, follow @angiesrecipereview on Instagram or my Pinterest account.
Submit your review