Ever since I have had my first Matcha latte at Starbucks, I have become a matcha fan. So when I came across the matcha pancake recipe made by pankobunny‘s, I had to try this out. Her version of this matcha pancake was so green, I just couldn’t stop myself from trying it as well. Scroll down below for my review and printable recipe.
The pancake itself is indeed very easy to make and delicious, only a tad bit too sweet for me, so I suggest to lower the amount of sugar from 2 tbsp 1 tbsp sugar. As I love to put syrup or icing sugar on top of my pancake, I don’t want the pancake itself to be oversweet. Then there is another side note from my side, don’t expect your pancakes to be as green as the one she made in her video, because they won’t. They will probably look the same as the one in my picture as I also read through youtube comments and more people had this issue. Buttt don’t make this stop you from trying out this recipe, as it’s good!!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1-2 tbsp granulated white sugar Depends on how sweet you want it to be, 2 tbsp was too sweet for me.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the ingredients in the first bowl
- Mix the ingredients in the second bowl
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly whisk in the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix. If you see lumps, don’t worry, they make your pancakes fluffier. If you overmix, then gluten will develop from the flour in your batter. This will make your pancakes chewy instead of fluffy.
- Heat oil in a heated pan. Use a 1/3 cup to put the pancake mix in the pan.
- When bubbles form, flip the pancake carefully. Fry for 1-2 more minutes on medium-low heat. Repeat for all pancakes.
I hope that you guys will try and like this recipe!
Tried and loved this recipe? Share this recipe with your friends or leave me comment. I would also like it if you share your pictures of this recipe with me by tagging @angiesrecipereview on Instagram and I will share your creations on my story!
Thank you for visiting my blog and have a nice evening =D!